The Filmmaker will work alongside Mosaic’s Creative Team to help document the stories and life of Mosaic by turning them into visually engaging films. This includes ongoing ministry upkeep as well as creative storytelling. It will be the filmmaker’s responsibility to ensure that a consistent look, tone and voice are used throughout all films in order to be cohesive with the overall DNA and identity of Mosaic.
The Creative and Communications team supports every ministry within Mosaic Church. We function as a proactive, internal agency by coming alongside and supporting each ministry by providing innovative, creative and effective solutions that help propel them forward with their mission.
Ministry Classification and Reporting
- Full Time, Exempt
- Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm (varying hours for evening and weekend ministry events)
- Sunday Gatherings and Special Gatherings
- On-Site, On-Call
- Reports to Creative Director
Scope of Work
- Collaborate with Mosaic’s Creative Team to brainstorm, storyboard, cast, scout, budget and produce content.
- Concept, pitch and produce films, documentaries, and visuals.
- Manage technical aspects of video and film projects; including cameras, lighting, and design for both single and multi-camera productions.
- Work collaboratively with contractors and volunteers during video shoots.
- Manage post-production processes to ensure all work is delivered and fits within the vision of various projects.
- Help manage equipment and inventory in-house and on shoots.
- Occasionally assist in filming live coverage for weekends and events.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Film Portfolio available online
- Decisive and problem-solving leadership
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Extensive technical expertise of the film-making process
- Visual storytelling – documentary & narrative
- Movement – people, objects, cameras
- Cameras – cinema, prosumer, DSLR
- Camera support – tripods, dollies, jibs
- Microphones – boom & lavalier
- Video editing – DaVinci Resolve (Preferred)
- Color grading – DaVinci Resolve (Preferred)
- Adobe Suite
- Desire to serve where needed.
- Represent Christ and His church with every encounter
- Embody Mosaic Staff Values
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in filmmaking, videography, or cinematography.
- 2 – 5 years of creative agency or freelance experience.
- Salary based on education, experience, and proven ability
- Excellent health & dental benefits with HSA funding
- 403b Matching program
- 4 weeks paid vacation plus national holidays off
- Staff Care and Development