Executive Assistant to the Lead Pastor
The Executive Assistant’s role is to care for the responsibilities of the communication, scheduling, and tasks related to the role of the Lead Pastor. The outcome of this role is to increase and ensure the effectiveness and reliability of the Lead Pastor, and subsequently the church as a whole.
The Executive Assistant to the Lead Pastor will handle a wide range of administrative related tasks for the Lead Pastor. This person must be exceedingly well-organized, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a high level, executive-minded leader. Must be technologically savvy, with high capability to effectively communicate through multiple electronic platforms, as well as over the phone. The Executive Assistant must have the ability to interact with all levels of internal staff, congregants, visitors, and external church relationships in a fast-paced environment and remain flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient with a high level of professionalism and spiritual maturity.
Scope of Work
- Create and manage the Lead pastor’s calendar appointments, meetings, and phone call appointments, including meetings with congregation, staff, ministry contacts, boards, and ministry teams; keep appropriate parties informed in advance.
- Manage the email inbox of the lead pastor under the direction of the lead pastor, executive leadership team, and executive elder team.
- Maintain communication through iMessage and other messaging apps on behalf of the lead pastor connected to his Mosaic cell phone number.
- Be aware of the overall church, ministry goals and programs, and the Lead Pastor’s detailed responsibilities related to these.
- Manage all travel, speaking engagement, weddings, funerals, and community events, coordinating details with all parties involved.
- Manage expense reporting for the Lead Pastor, as well as expense reporting for Executive Assistant spending.
- Manage communication and tasks related to the Elders of Mosaic Church and their respective teams on behalf of the Lead Pastor.
- Be present on Sundays to help with Lead Pastor and ministry needs as they arise.
- Communicate regularly with the lead pastor’s wife to ensure a strong family-church relationship, working together to ensure an effective, healthy, and sustainable rhythm of life and schedule.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Contain extremely strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within the process and strategy employed by the Executive Leadership Team.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and use wise judgment in written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge and experience necessary to proficiently maintain calendars, email, and computer files.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to work effectively while being flexible and adaptable in an ever-changing environment.
- Desires and able to complement and support the Lead Pastor.
- Embody staff values.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in communication or writing.
- Previous administrative experience within the context of a local church environment.
Hours and Benefits
- Full Time, Exempt
- On Site, On Call
- Competitive salary based on education, experience, and proven track record
- Excellent health & dental benefits with HSA funding
- 403b Matching program
- 4 weeks paid vacation plus national holidays off
- Staff Care and Development